Below are a few important instructions, reminders and information about Sedation Dentistry:
TAKE VALIUM (Diazepam) THE NIGHT BEFORE YOUR APPOINTMENT, AT REGULAR BEDTIME.
- You should not drink any alcohol or caffeinated beverages for 24 hours prior to your appointment.
- You should also not eat or drink anything for 6 hours before nor should you take any medication not approved by the Endodontist prior to your appointment.
- You should not take St. John’s Wort for 7 days before your appointment.
- Do not drink grapefruit juice or eat any grapefruit product for 7 days before your appointment.
- Have your companion bring you to our office on time.
- Absolutely NO driving yourself to or from the appointment.
- We suggest you wear comfortable lounge wear with short sleeves for blood pressure monitoring.
- Please remove polish from your nails before your appointment as it can interfere with monitoring devices.
Fortunately, sedation medications have an amnesic effect. That means you'll have very little if any memory of sights, smells, or sounds of your visit.
When your treatment is complete you may be a bit wobbly, so your companion will take you home and stay with you until you're recovered.
You'll be amazed at how much can be accomplished in such a seemingly short
period of time, while you were totally relaxed, and completely comfortable. Best of all, the very next day you will feel fantastic.
We know the timing may be complicated, but I assure you it is very important.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to call me at (650) 757-3636.